Practice Administrator (Full-time)
Fast-paced, multi-location dermatology practice is looking for an innovative and motivated individual who can help lead and develop our talented team and spearhead the continued growth of our practice. The successful candidate will possess demonstrable experience in strategic planning and business development; a history of producing high-quality, efficient clinical teams; finance and revenue cycle management skills; proven operational expertise; and regulatory and compliance management abilities. This position will work in conjunction with the Regional Director of Operations in overseeing all facets of our Northern New Jersey practices.
The Practice Administrator oversees patient flow and the daily operations of the medical office, along with supervising and coordinating all staff activities and scheduling. The position requires knowledge and experience in all facets of medical practice office management; such as: scheduling, billing, insurance claim aging, office compliance with HIPAA/OSHA, handling staff disciplinary concerns, staff training, inventory supply and ensuring consistency with all company policies.
This role requires exceptional customer service skills, strong organizational skills and a calm and pleasant demeanor. Working well as part of a team, being an effective leader and having a strong work ethic is a must.
The Practice Administrator will be expected to understand each and every function as well as services offered within the offices to assist the Regional Director in 'growing the practices', optimizing the practice efficiency and ensuring the client/patient has the best experience possible from beginning to end.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ practice/office management experience in a medical office setting, preferably in dermatology, or aesthetic medicine.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management, performance optimization and administration of payroll / timekeeping systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of practice operations, including patient scheduling, office efficiency, EMR and patient management systems and marketing.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance, personnel law, workplace safety, HIPAA, OSHA and other regulatory issues pertaining to a medical practice and retail skin care.
- Thorough grasp of the revenue cycle management, including cash pay/self- pay and reimbursement perspectives, within a private medical practice; dermatology or medical aesthetics experience highly valued.
- Decisive leadership abilities, including proven history of accountability towards achieving key goals.
- Effective communication style with a high level of emotional maturity that works for a variety of personalities.
- Ability to build, lead, motivate and maintain high-performing teams.
- High degree of integrity, sound judgement, and discretion.
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to effectively sustain multiple, simultaneous tasks while attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities, including work knowledge of social media platforms.
- Aptitude for anticipating critical issues and offering solutions to Regional Director and staff.
- Able to perform at a high level with minimal supervision, as well as under direct supervision.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Paid time off (Vacation & personal days /sick leave): in accord with staff policy manual
- Medical insurance in accord with staff benefits program
- 401k plan with up to 3% match in accord with plan documents
- Company paid Long term disability, Life and Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
If you are interested in applying for this position please fill out the form below and submit your resume.